Careers at DLF
DLF is the global market leader in grass and has a worldwide commercial and research presence – marketing seeds in more than 100 countries and investing heavily in new variety research. We are seeking a Technical and Product Manager to join our Irish Business – this is an exciting opportunity for to gain experience in a fast growing, dynamic and ambitious organization.
The Technical and Product Manager will work with our Irish and international research teams to identify varieties and products that add value to Irish agriculture. The Manager will then play a leading role in the commercialisation of these varieties through close collaboration with our commercial and marketing teams and the greater industry.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities of the Role:
- Technical lead for our products – gains a full understanding of the products and how their use can be optimised in the market; Provide technical support to our commercial and marketing teams.
- Increase market awareness of our presence and products and enhance the image of the business as a technological leader in the industry - this will include an active and effective social media presence and developing strong relationships with key industry stake holders.
- Champion the introduction of new DLF products to the Irish market.
- Manage and extend our current on farm research programme – ensuring they deliver high quality, actionable research data and enhanced marketing opportunities.
- Lead proactively in the variety selection decision making process – taking account of variety performance, commercial and strategic considerations.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- A high level of competence and experience in grass seeds or a similar field – including academic achievement and real-world commercial experience.
- Excellent communication skills with professional English language skills (verbal and written). This will include an ability to write technical or marketing documents to a high standard together with excellent IT skills.
- Experienced and comfortable in holding presentations and meetings to small or large audiences.
- A keen interest in the sector and an ability to stay abreast of new developments in an Irish and international context.
- Commercial awareness and a proven ability to build strong working relationships with farmers, consultants and other stakeholders. Strong and structured team player.
Qualifications and Skills
Prospective candidates will be self-motivated and have excellent time management and organizational skills. Applicants should also understand farming systems and grass-based systems. We are seeking a strategic thinker capable of enhancing our strong image in the areas of breeding and sustainable farming systems. Bachelor’s Degree in agricultural science or similar and a master’s degree would be preferred.
Apply with full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 7th January 2020.